Monday, September 14, 2009

Peach Days

Peach Days in Brigham City, Utah were just "peachy" (sarcasm).  Actually, I had peach cobbler twice and was disappointed that it was made with canned peaches.  I had peach fritters - hmmmm!  And I had peach pie made with fresh peaches - YES!  I wasn't there, however, just for the peaches.  Another artist and I shared a booth; unfortunately, most attendees were there for the peaches and socializing, not for fine art.  

I had decided beforehand that Brigham City wasn't ready for my abstract expressionism and took my landscape paintings.  They weren't ready for those either.  My friend and I did not sell a single painting.  Woe is me!  I cannot continue to spend money on these events and not even break even. 

Since wall space and storage space is at a premium in our home now, I packed the landscapes in plastic tubs and placed them in a storage unit.  Now tell me, shouldn't art hang on someone's wall?  Not tucked away and forgotton in a storage unit?  I still have a number of landscapes on my website, www.JerryHardestyFineArt.com - I might make you a deal if you really want one.

Meanwhile, I'm back working on my abstracts for an upcoming show in October as Featured Artist at Art at the Main in downtown Salt Lake City, Utah.

1 comment:

  1. Here's an idea...Let's get some artists to rent side-by-side storage units. Then, let's have an open house and sale!

    ReplyDelete

Subscribe:

Google Groups
Subscribe to JHardesty Art
Email:
Visit this group