Monday, September 21, 2009

Art in the Garden

On Saturday, October 19, the Utah Artist's League (of which I am a member) held an event, "Art in the Garden."  Music was provided by the Stratford Street Big Band (they were fantastic).  The garden was provided by Dr. and Mrs. Scott Smith.  Refreshments were served (I pigged out on sweets).  

I was the only contemporary artist present among 14 landscape artists.  At first, I thought no one would be interested in abstract art, but I talked all evening (my poor throat was dry - I needed some wine, but that was out of the question).  One lady asked me to explain my artwork as she didn't comprehend abstract expressionism (after talking, she said she understands it better).  I sold one piece.  I'm always excited even if just one sells.

Another event and another experience behind me.  Now, it's back to painting for my show and reception as featured artist at Art at the Main in Salt Lake City October 12 with the reception on October 16.  See you there.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe:

Google Groups
Subscribe to JHardesty Art
Email:
Visit this group