Wednesday, September 23, 2009

Controversial Artist

Can you believe it?  I am now a controversial artist.  Does that mean I have arrived?  Arrived where?  

Allow me to explain.  I have had an exhibit of eight paintings at Acme Burger Company in Salt Lake City.  My wife, my son and his girlfriend and I had lunch there Sunday.  I noticed that one of my paintings was no longer hanging.  Did it sell?  I doubt it as no one called to verify the price.  Was it stolen?  What a compliment that would be!  We had lunch and I didn't mention the missing painting.  Monday morning, however, I went to Acme and found my painting in the wine cellar - hmmm, I thought about staying there and enjoying a bottle; however, it was a little early in the day, even for me.  But in the wine cellar, not even hanging on the wall!  Artwork should not be hidden away in a cellar or a storage unit (just remembered all those landscapes I recently placed in storage).  

With painting in hand, I ascended the stairs and met up with the owner.  He informed me that he had received too many negative comments concerning the piece and therefore removed it from the wall.  Now what am I going to do with this piece I call "Battle," (battle between the genders)?

2 comments:

  1. What did the offending artwork look like? I'm in there all the time but hadn't noticed anything offensive, nor did I notice any strikingly obvious bare spots...

    ReplyDelete
  2. John, send me your email address to jehardesty@aol.com and I will forward an image of the artwork to you.

    ReplyDelete

Subscribe:

Google Groups
Subscribe to JHardesty Art
Email:
Visit this group