Monday, October 5, 2009

Sorpresa!

I am preparing for my featured artist show at Art at the Main in Salt Lake City.  I'm hanging the show on Sunday, October 11 after which I will be posting a number of new paintings on my website and also on Facebook.  In the meantime, I'm painting every day; at one time, I had started eight new paintings (part of those are now complete).

I am especially excited about my show that I have entitled "Sorpresa" (Spanish or Italian for surprise).  I'm hoping that viewers will find a surprise in each painting, whether it is the painting as a whole, the title, the material used to create it, the subject matter, the technique - you get the idea.  I'm combining music, poetry, language, collage items, and of course paint to create these surprises.

"Sorpresa" will run from October 12 through November 14 with a reception during Gallery Stroll from 6 to 9 pm on October 16.  Music; will be provided by "The Precinct."  Refreshments by my wife, Pam.  If you're in the area, please come and enjoy.  If not, pass this on to those who might be.  "Sorpresa" is at Art at the Main, 210 East 400 South (ground floor of the SLC Main Library), Salt Lake City, Utah.

See you there.

1 comment:

  1. Congrats! I can't make the opening, but I hope to see it Saturday.

    ReplyDelete

Subscribe:

Google Groups
Subscribe to JHardesty Art
Email:
Visit this group