Saturday, October 17, 2009

Artist's Reception, Sorpresa

The greatest compliment an artist may ever receive is to be collected by another artist.  Last evening, at the reception for the opening of my show "Sorpresa," another artist made a purchase of one of my pieces.  A second piece sold to the father of an artist.  To top it off, another artist wishes to make a trade.  Wow!  What a blessing.

The reception was eventful.  "The Precinct" provided excellent music.  My wife provided excellent refreshments, and viewers were excited about my work.  What more could I ask for?

With the exception of purchasing a large canvas (it was 40% off at Utrecht), I spent the day in relaxation.  That canvas is calling to me however.  It's preparing me for continued painting next week.  

Finally, you can check out my new work at my website www.JerryHardestyFineArt.com under 'Current Works'.  Happy viewing.

2 comments:

  1. Congratulations on your successful opening! I'm sorry I couldn't be there but it sounds like a fun event. Your new work in this show is very exciting!

    ReplyDelete

Subscribe:

Google Groups
Subscribe to JHardesty Art
Email:
Visit this group