Friday, August 14, 2009

Artrepreneur

Artrepreneur - I have decided that label describes me best.  I wish I could take credit for having coined that word; unfortunately, I believe I read it somewhere.  You may be asking yourself "What's an artrepreneur?"  Yet, you may possibly be ahead of me.  Whatever, I will tell you anyway.

As an Artrepreneur, of course first, I am an artist.  Duh!  As an artist, do I want to sell my work?  Duh, again!  What artist wouldn't want their work hanging in homes other than their own.  I'm assuming in a collector's home or a wannabe collector's home.  I love looking at my own work, but I have limited wall space.  Once the walls are covered, the storage space fills up quickly.  What's an artist to do?  Duh!  Sell!

Anyway as an artrepreneur, I am an administrator, bookkeeper, publicist, marketer, salesman, webmaster, blogger, photographer, purchaser, maintenance, carpenter, framer, creator, writer, painter, sketcher, student, reader, speaker.  You get the idea.  I'm not saying I'm good at all these responsibilities; however, I have to do them; otherwise, my work would be banished to the garage and I do like parking my car there.

Happy viewing at www.JerryHardestyFineArt.com.

Ciao,  Jerry

No comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe:

Google Groups
Subscribe to JHardesty Art
Email:
Visit this group